[Asec] Call for Books Series Proposals in Eastern Christianity

Alexander D'Alisera adalisera at academicstudiespress.com
Fri May 4 16:45:14 UTC 2018

​​
Dear ASEC community,

​Please see below a call for books series proposals from Academic Studies
Press.  Although the CFP is ​broadly written for religious studies at
large, we are particularly interested in series proposals that focus upon
Eastern and Middle Eastern Christianity.

Wishing you all my best,
Alexander D'Alisera

Academic Studies Press (ASP) is delighted to announce an open call for
books series proposals in Religious Studies.

While ASP is known for its titles in Jewish studies and Slavic studies, we
are seeking to expand our range of publications into the field of religion,
conceived more broadly. Potential ideas for new series might approach
religion from a literary, historical, theological, anthropological, or
interdisciplinary framework. We invite proposals from all areas of academic
discourse, including any subfield of religious studies that may be
underrepresented in the scholarly literature.

Successful proposals will include:

​- ​
An engaging and clear series title
​- ​
A short description of your series
​- ​
A justification for the scholarly need for your series
​- ​
A collection of potential titles/subjects and authors in the field
​- ​
A list of similar existing series, if any
​- ​
Your CV, including your contact information

Examples of some our current series include:

​- ​
Ars Rossica
​- ​
Jews of Russia & Eastern Europe and Their Legacy
​- ​
Emunot: Jewish Philosophy and Kabbalah
​- ​
Perspectives in Jewish Intellectual Life
​- ​
Imperial Encounters in Russian History
​- ​
Ukrainian Studies

A complete list of ASP series may be found
​at
: https://www.academicstudiespress.com/series.

Please submit all series proposals to the acquisitions editor, Alexander
D’Alisera, at adalisera at academicstudiespress.com, by May 31, 2018. We very
much look forward to considering your proposals.

​ABOUT ACADEMIC STUDIES PRESS

ASP is an independent scholarly publisher devoted to advancing knowledge
and understanding in the humanities and social sciences, with an emphasis
on Jewish studies and Slavic studies. Through our outstanding,
opinion-leading authors and series editors, we continuously strive to
enhance understanding through our monographs and critical companions,
improve the accessibility of classic works through our translations, and
inspire dialogue through our  scholarly commentaries. We champion
innovative ideas and new, creative interpretations.