[Asec] ASEC annual business meeting

Bailey, Heather L hbail2 at uis.edu
Thu Oct 22 22:34:46 UTC 2020

On behalf of the ASEC Executive Board

Dear Colleagues--

The ASEC annual business meeting is scheduled to take place at 7:30 E.S.T. on Friday, November 6, 2020 during the ASEEES Convention (Virtual Convention Platform Room 13). We plan to keep the meeting to around 30 minutes. We anticipate being able to announce the winner of ASEC's Distinguished Scholar prize. The main agenda item is to discuss plans for the biennial conference, originally planned for March 2021. The Executive Board recommends postponing the conference for a year, rather than holding a virtual conference. However, we would like input from members regarding the pros and cons of a postponement. We know the meeting time may be difficult or impossible to make for those outside the Western Hemisphere. If you will be unable to attend the meeting, please feel free to email us your suggestions regarding the conference or any other aspect of the organization.??

Best Wishes,

Heather Bailey, ASEC Secretary

Associate Professor of History
University of Illinois Springfield