[Asec] NEW JOURNAL: Journal of Orthodox Christian Studies

Eugene Clay Eugene.Clay at asu.edu
Sun Nov 25 23:01:44 UTC 2018

Dear Colleagues,

I am writing to let you know about a new journal that is dedicated to specifically to furthering the study of Eastern Orthodox Christianity broadly conceived. The journal is actively seeking submissions, especially from scholars whose work focuses on Russia, Eastern Europe, the Balkans, and the US.  Since the journal is new, the turnaround for publication is still relatively quick at this point, so the sooner submissions are received the better. For anyone who has a ms. ready to go, I encourage you to consider submitting it to this new journal!

The journal's official description and relevant contact info:

The Journal of Orthodox Christian Studies is a double-blind, peer-reviewed, semi-annual academic publication designed to promote the study Orthodox Christianity from a wide variety of disciplines-anthropology, art and art history, cultural studies, history, philosophy, political science, religious studies, sociology, theology, and women and gender studies. The journal imposes no chronological, geographic or methodological boundaries on the academic investigation of Orthodox Christian Studies, so long as the research illuminates some aspect of the history, culture, practices, or thought of the Orthodox Christian world broadly defined (including East Syrian, Chalcedonian, and Miaphysite traditions). The Journal of Orthodox Christian Studies is published by Johns Hopkins University Press, the owner of the online platform, Project Muse, and available in over 1800 university libraries across the world.

For guidelines on submission, please consult:

https://www.press.jhu.edu/journals/journal-orthodox-christian-studies

If you have any questions, please feel free to write me.
I look forward to seeing many of you soon at the upcoming ASEEES conference in Boston.
With warm regards,
Vera

Vera Shevzov

Professor, Dept. of Religion; Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies

Dewey 107

Smith College

Northampton, MA 01063

413-585-3686