[Asec] ASEC annual business meeting / Call for nominations

Bailey, Heather L hbail2 at uis.edu
Tue Nov 27 22:18:20 UTC 2018

Dear Colleagues:

At our annual business meeting on Saturday, December 8 from 6 - 7 p.m. (in the Falmouth room on the 4th floor of the Boston Marriott Copley Place) we will be electing new officers. The board is putting together a slate to recommend to you, although nominations can also be brought forward during the meeting. It has come to our attention that our current treasurer, Chris Johnson, is unable to serve for another term at the present time. If you would be interested in nominating yourself or another member of ASEC for the position of Treasurer, please let Scott Kenworthy (Kenwors at miamioh.edu) or Eugene Clay (Eugene.Clay at asu.edu) or the members of the nominating committee, Olga Tsapina (otsapina at huntington.org?) and Jenn Spock (Jennifer.Spock at EKU.EDU) know as soon as possible.

More details about our 8th Biennial Conference, which will be held February  21-23, 2019 at Arizona State University in Tempe, will be provided at the business meeting. Thomas Bremer will be presenting the keynote address. We are currently accepting paper proposals for the conference and encourage you to submit. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Sincerely,

ASEC Executive Board
    Scott Kenworthy, President
    Eugene Clay, Vice-President/President Elect
    Chuck Arndt, Newsletter Editor
    Chris Johnson, Treasurer
    ?Heather Bailey, Secretary