[Asec] Invitation | call for papers | conference Global Orthodoxy

Scott Kenworthy kenwors at miamioh.edu
Tue Jan 7 15:16:09 UTC 2020

[I’m forwarding  message I received—Scott]

Dear Ms./Mr.,

We gladly invite you to contribute to our call for papers for our first conference on Global Orthodoxy, which will take place on Wednesday 30 September, Thursday 1 October and Friday 2 October 2020 in Nijmegen, The Netherlands.

This conference is organized by the Institute of Eastern Christian studies, in cooperation with the Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religion Studies of the Radboud University in Nijmegen, The Netherlands.

Theme
The main theme of the conference is the question as how the rise of migrant Orthodox (Eastern and Oriental) communities in Europe, the Americas, Africa and East Asia, together with a generally growing degree of internationalization of local churches after colonialism and communism, has contributed to a new type of Global Orthodoxy, whose sketchily contours take up earlier manifestations of Global Orthodoxy, but also display new forms and connections.

Submitting
It will be a great honour for us to receive abstracts for either a 20-minute paper or a 10-minute poster presentation. After survey and acceptance of the abstract, we will inform the submitters about the deadline for the final paper. A selection of papers will be published peer-reviewed.

Upon acceptance of a paper, we will invite submitters to register for the conference and we will send a number of options for staying in and near Nijmegen at various price levels. A limited number of travel grants is available. If in need for such a grant, please indicate this on the registration form.

You can find more information about the conference on our website: www.globalorthodoxy.org <http://www.globalorthodoxy.org/>. There you can also find the online registration form to submit your abstract. The deadline for submitting abstracts is Monday 3 February 2020 at 12:00 (GMT/UTC +1).

Sharing
We encourage you to share our call for papers for the conference with your professional network.

For more information, please feel free to contact Heleen Murre-van den Berg, director of the Institute of Eastern Christian Studies, via e-mail: hlmvandenberg at ivoc.ru.nl <mailto:hlmvandenberg at ivoc.ru.nl>.

On behalf of Heleen Murre-van den Berg,
sincerely,
Loes van Beuningen

Instituut voor Oosters Christendom